3rd Annual Harry Potter Month
As you may have heard, Faith & I are hosting Harry Potter Month 3.0 - throughout the month of July, we'll celebrate all things Harry Potter! Your content can be pretty much anything, as long as it relates to the Harry Potter fandom in some way. There's still time to join up so feel free to visit our announcement post and comment here to join.
If you're here, I take it that you want to participate in The House Cup! Both Faith and I have matching House Cup posts up today so you can sign up on her post or mine. The House Cup is where anyone who wants to participate in Harry Potter Month chooses their House and then your participation in Harry Potter Month will earn your House points. The House with the most points at the end of July wins the House Cup! So here's how it works:
- Post a comment below with which House you'd like to be in (we'll list those already sorted into their Houses below).
- Have fun doing any of the tasks below.
- Come back to Faith OR my POST as often as you like and comment with the points you've earned and we'll add them to your Houses total weekly.
- Once a week we'll recap the points and who's in the lead and then on August 2nd, we'll announce the House Cup Winners.
- Have fun!
Enough with the rules, just tell us how to earn points!
- Read Harry Potter fanfiction: 1 point per chapter (let us know which in the comments!)
- Leave a comment on any Harry Potter month post: 2 points
- Watching a HP documentary: 3 points
- Write HP fanfiction: 5 points per chapter
- Watch one of the films: 5 points
- Reading one of the Hogwarts Library/Companion books: 6 points
- Post as part of Harry Potter month: 10 points
- Take part in HP Moment of the Week: 10 points
- Make a Harry Potter craft/recipe: 15 points
- Host a giveaway: 15 points
- Read one of the books: 20 points
** Tasks can be combined (within reason!) E.g. If you write a fanfiction chapter (3 points) and then post about it (10 points), you can combine to get 13 points overall (but you can’t post four times about the same fanfiction chapter and claim the points four times!) **
How do I update my points?
Just leave a comment below with your name, house and any points you’ve earned since you last commented. Something like this would do perfectly:
6 comments = 12 points
1 post = 10 pointsBoth mine and Faith's House Cup posts will be the place to leave your points as you earn them, so bookmark one of them for easy reference. We'll each take turns every week and tally the points as we go, so everyone stays up to date! No cheating by posting the same points on both blogs though please, let's keep this fair and fun for everyone ;)
Is there a prize?
One participant will win a book of their choice (up to £10) from The Book Depository (assuming you’re in one of the countries they deliver to) OR a £10 Amazon.co.uk gift card – their choice. For every house point you earn, you’ll get one entry into the prize draw. You can sign up for the cup until the 24th of July, and you’ve got until midnight BST on the 1st of August to comment with your points for them to count. We'll announce the winner on August 3rd via Twitter and/or email.
Gryffindor Total: 770
Hufflepuff Total: 549
Ravenclaw Total: 920
Slytherin Total: 597
Lola - 50
*Someone suggested we add a Linky to the master posts here, so that people can easily hop around from here as well as from the schedule, so that you’re in the same place to collect your points once you’ve commented. Both Faith and I have the same Linky up so no need to post on each blog! Please add your HP month posts below but make sure you’re linking directly to a post though, to make it easy for people to keep track of what they’ve commented on already etc*