Top Ten TuesdayTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish which features a variety of bookish top ten lists!
Top Ten Bookworm Delights
1. Pre-ordering books. That giddy little feeling when you check your favorite book site and see that you can officially pre-order a coveted new release or sequel. I get chills just thinking about it.
2. Discovering an older book and having it become a new favorite. There's nothing quite like going back to older gem that you've never read before and being completely swept away until you turn the last page and go: I finally get what the fuss was all about. ♥
3.When a beloved author announces plans for a new book. Sometimes an author's style just clicks with you so you know that you'll love whatever they put out next!
4.When the next installment in a beloved series gets an official title/release date/cover. The thrill of realising that, with a release date/title/cover, the books release date is finally getting closer. Eeep! Fun fact: my past two birthdays have been marked with ToG news. In 2015 we got the cover for QoS and this year we got an official title for ToG5: Empire of Storms :O
5. Rereading favorite books/series. I've gotten out of the habit of this one, but one I've vowed to start up again this year! I plan on celebrating HP Month this July with a long overdue HP series reread :D
6. Getting an email notification that a coveted pre-order book has shipped out. Further to my first point, getting that long awaited email saying that a long-awaited pre-order is finally on it's way to you. Heaven.
7. Becoming so engrossed in a story that you forget to do things like eat and sleep. Nothing quite beats the feeling of a book that consumes your mind, body and soul so completely that you cease to function as a normal human being. I am one with my book.
8. Finding a home for a new favorite book on your shelves. Making room for your new pretty. Setting it down in it's new spot. Staring at it in contentment. *Sigh*
9. Getting/organizing a new bookshelf/bookcase. I'm overdue on this one personally but I never forget the thrill of putting all your books on that crispy new bookcase and basking in it's glory.
10. Snuggling up indoors with a good book and a warm cup of tea on a rainy/snowy day. #bliss
What are some of your favorite bookish delights?