Top Ten TuesdayTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish which features a variety of bookish top ten lists!
Hi everyone! If this week's topic has taught me anything, it's that I have a ridiculous amount of unfinished series on the go, that I really should work on finishing >.< This was an especially difficult topic for me to do, and I struggled to make it to 10. As it is, I cheated profusely throughout, some answers have two people in them (or more), so let's get started:
Top Ten(-ish) Characters I'd Like to Check In With
- Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings - If anyone thinks he isn't the hero of LotR, we can't be friends. I have nothing but love for that little guy. And since I'm cheating, while I'm in Middle-Earth, might as well check up on Aragorn, Legolas, Merry and Pippin too! So.Much.Love.
- Karou, Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Karou was very beloved character of mine in DoS&B. I know most people prefered Zuzana or even Liraz but to me, it was always Karou. Leaving her was very bittersweet and I'd sort of need to know how she's doing now.
- Vin +Eland, Mistborn - Oh my beloved Vin, I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't help putting her on this list. Let me live in my denial guys! *sobs*
- Katniss + Peeta, The Hunger Games - Mockingjay left me with one of THE biggest book hangovers in history, and even though it ended...ok...I still worry about these two. A lot. I just have so much love for them and dammit I wish it'd all be easier for them :*(
- Lyra Belacqua, His Dark Materials - I'd love to know what kind of an adult Lyra became, she was such a fascinating character as a kid... I have a hard time letting her go.
- Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables - Granted, we pretty much get to see Anne's entire lifespan throughout the series, and sure, they got a lot less interesting for me as they went on...but when you spend that amount of time with a character, it seems wrong to not have them in your life after that.
- Bramblestar, The Warriors - Easily the lengthiest series I've ever read, it ended with Bramblestar becoming the leader of the clan after A TON of trials and ordeals. I know he's finally ok, but I miss him dammit. *cries*
- Harry Potter, Harry Potter - Obviously. My hero of heroes, and one that I STILL haven't been able to learn to live without. Cut to more cheating here, since I also NEED to check in with Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Neville, McGonagall, and anyone else that made it out alive O.O