Top Ten TuesdayTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish which features a variety of bookish top ten lists!
Happy Tuesday All! Wow, I haven't done a TTT post since 2012 o_O I'd been meaning to get back into them for ages and well, I've finally had the good sense, organization and time to do so, so here I am! This week's topic is:
Top Ten Favorite Heroines from Books
1. Celaena fucking Sardothien (Throne of Glass) - Clearly, she deserves top honors. I am such a huge fangirl of hers. She stole my heart in Throne of Glass and has basically been kicking it, breaking it and shattering it into a million pieces since then but I love her all the more for it ♥ Queen of Shadows NEEDS to come out already!
2. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) - I think this one goes without saying. Granger should get an automatic spot on ALL the lists, until the end of time. To infinity and beyond!
3. Vin (Mistborn) - This chick's like Madonna and Rihanna, no last name needed. When you start off as a homeless street urchin and morph into the toughest, most feared fighter in the realm...and then proceed to save and change the world, feel free to drop your last name too.
4. Blue Sargent (The Raven Cycle) - This lady right here stole my heart from the very first pages of The Raven Boys. She might come off unassuming, but she's wicked cool and I for one want to hang out with her all the time. Of course, it does help that she's friends with Gansey, Ronan, Adam and Noah...and by being her friend, I could get to know the boys too LOL!
5. Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter) - Most under-appreciated heroine in life. The movies did her a serious disservice too and because of that, generations of movie fans will never understand why she rocks so hard. This girl is strong, feisty, determined and all kinds of powerful. She got The Chosen One to respect her and you should too!
6. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) - The Girl on Fire. Hell if she didn't start a freaking revolution all by herself and save the world in the process. The damage that was done to her in the process breaks my heart...but...she survived and that means I should too *sobs*
7.Syl (The Stormlight Archive) - Are we allowed to pick a heroine that's not quite...human? I hope so, since I just did. Syl is like a little fairy. Who is also epically powerful and a weapon in her own right. Yeah, she kicks ass but it's her role as confidente to my beloved Kaladin that earns her a spot on my list.
8. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) - I can never just pick one of the ladies in Harry Potter. Nope, once I mention any one of them, I just have to give props to the others as well. Luna is a role-model I wish the younger me could have known. She'd have made me feel like I wasn't the only one who was a little strange...nor the only one who could see those Nargles ;)
9. Karou/Madrigal (Daughter of Smoke & Bone) - Another under-appreciated heroine coming through! A lot of readers failed to fall in love with Karou the way I did, but so many things about her character touched my soul that she'll always hold a special place in my heart.
10. Linh Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) - Basically, all the heroines of The Lunar Chronicles deserve a place on this list but since I ran out of room, I went with the one we've known the longest. The one who set this entire series in motion. Cinder is such an inspirational character and considering my life-long love of Cinderella, I guess I just have a soft-spot for the little cyborg.