Top Ten TuesdayTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish which features a variety of bookish top ten lists!
2. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy. I don't even think I need to explain myself here. Katniss defines kick-ass. She's beyond tough, determined and so brave.
3. Tris from Divergent. Talk about a girl stepping out of everything she knows...voluntarily! She doesn't come off as tough to start, but don't let that fool you: she's tough as nails. She may have gotten lost a bit during Insurgent but she was still awesome and I have a feeling she'll be pretty impressive when book 3 comes out!
4. Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Karou owned even before she had any idea about who she really is and her past. By the end of DoS&B she had exceeded my expectations! I can't wait to see how she'll progress in Days of Blood & Starlight.
5. MacKayla 'Mac' Lane from The Fever Series. Sure, she starts off like one very plastic Barbie girl but Mac quickly morphs until she's almost unrecognizable. She still has a touch of Barbie,but mixed in with some mega ass kicking!
6. Melanie/Wanderer from The Host. Both are the main protagonist of The Host in my opinion and both are awesome. Melanie for resisting & continuing to fight. And Wanda for her willingness to change & her receptiveness.
7. Liesl from Liesl & Po. What? Little girls in fairytales can be kick-ass too! Liesl was feisty and determined...as well as pretty freaking brave.
8. Cassia from The Matched Trilogy. Sure she was annoyingly innocent when Matches started off,but who wouldn't be in the world she was living it. Soon enough, she shed those blinders & started thinking for herself. I can't wait to see what havoc she'll cause in Reached!
9. Sara Crewe from A Little Princess. This little girl endured more in her young years than most of us do in our entire life. She was truly inspiring every step of the way ♥
10. Hermoine & Ginny from the Harry Potter Series. Ok, so this IS technically cheating...because neither is the main protagonist....but honestly how kick ass are these ladies. I really wish I had read Harry Potter growing up. These girls would have been THE best role models. (I'm referring to the books of course, not the movies where Ginny just ties Harry's shoes & wipes the drool off his chin.)
Who did YOU pick as your top 10 kick-ass heroines?
Link me up below so I can check it out!